Save money use Less Energy
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
Landords with forced Air Furnace Maintenance
|Posted on 18 December, 2013 at 22:07||comments (109)|
Every year when it gets cold, I get calls from landlords in my area to light or repair a furnace. If you own a rental property, you may have put off getting the furnace checked over by a licensed professional for one reason or another, but please don't wait any longer. There are Good reasons to have your furnace checked before winter.
1.The thermocouple in milivolt units might not be sensing a flame and the flame might be getting blown out due to a faulty damper or dirt near or in the pilot light tub. I've seen old systems with a pile of rust sitting on top of the burners!
2. Your furnace might be getting older, so periodic maintenance keeps you from getting a hefty bill when it breaks down at supper time in the middle of a snowstorm.
3. There are lots of problems with condensation not making it to the pump or to the drain period due to backed up condensate lines. Condensation in the wrong places can rust your furnace out, destroy electrical components, etc.
4. The blower motor and squirrel cage can get gummed up due to the renter not changing the filter or not even using one.
5 Check for faulty gas valves and plumbing that is outdated. You can actually get blockage in the gas line if it's an old school design that will allow solids to interfere with the flow of gas to your unit.
- Save energy and reduce cost (8)
- Mold in air ducts (2)
- Dirty Dryer (2)
- Answers to your questions here (9)
- Everyday thoughts (7)
- Removing animals odors (2)
- Allergy Control (2)
- Environment (2)
- Furnace Maintenance (1)
- Working in Ohio as a contractor (1)
- Furnace check up (2)
- Air Circulation (2)
- FINANCING HOME IMPROVMENTS (1)
- How cell phones save us money and headaches. (1)
- Make your house a home that's economical too! (2)